Our AWEAR Hybrid gloves are designed for food prep. At 1.4 mils they are a bit on the thin side and they have a loose fit that makes them easy to put on and take off. This makes them a great choice for food service tasks with frequent glove changes like assembling salads and sandwiches, cutting veggies or packaging baked goods. These gloves are latex and powder free which makes them a safe choice for those with latex allergies and sensitive skin.
But how are they eco-friendly you ask?
- They're recyclable with plastic bag recycling (but double check your local regulations!)
- ZERO petrochemicals are produced during manufacturing. To put this in perspective: 1 ton of harmful petrochemicals go into the earths' atmosphere for every 4 tons of vinyl gloves.
- They contain no phthalates or carcinogens.
- The small amount of evaporated plasticizer that's created during manufacturing is collected and re-used in the next batch. Making this a 100% environmentally friendly process.
- The compact design means they take up 54% less space than traditional vinyl gloves. That directly translates to less emissions from transportation.
Similar to all of our hybrid gloves, due to the thickness we'd recommend using them for light duty tasks like cleaning and food-prep. They are not medical grade, so they shouldn't be used by healthcare workers when dealing with patients. The material of these gloves will not hold up to chemicals. If you'll be using chemicals take a look at our chemical resistance chart to help find the right material for you.